Thursday 1 May 2014

Monthly Round Up - April

April has been a pretty relaxed month financially.  As I am no longer paying off my credit cards, but just paying off anything I spend on them (which hasn't been much), on a monthly basis, I have been finding it much easier towards the end of the month, with some money still actually being available to me.  This is a whole new experience for me and feels so much less depressing than eeking things out until the end of the month.

I have been paying down my overdraft at the rate of £100 per month since the beginning of the year and will continue to do so until it is cleared.  It feels good to be heading towards debt freedom.  I'm hoping that I might even manage to pay it off a little early which would be even better.

Apart from buying a few Easter eggs and gifts, April hasn't been a particularly expensive month, so I've managed to slip in a few treats here and there which has been nice.

The Household challenge came to an end this month as I completely ran out of money, but the Beauty Challenge is still on going.   There are only a couple of months to go on that now and I'm loving the fact that the stash is getting used up, freeing up more space.  Thankfully I seem to be able to stick to the budget on that particular challenge.

With regard to no spend days, I set myself the challenge of achieving at least 100 this year.  For the past couple of months I have been quite a bit short of the monthly target, but this month I have made a concerted effort and have almost caught up with myself.  My total now stands at 31 after 4 months, so I'm now just a couple adrift.  These can hopefully be recouped fairly easily, if I put my mind to it.

In May, I have plans to rein in my spending (more in another post), but have to bear in mind that it is OH's birthday, so will need to spend some money for that.  I still also need to renew Little Bird's passport, which I will have to account for, but other than that I don't have anything too expensive looming I hope.

Has anyone else got any plans for May?

No comments:

Post a Comment