Monday 5 May 2014

Charity Shop Tales 16

Friday last I decided to venture to a couple of charity shops nearby, in an attempt to find a book for OH.  He's currently reading the Stieg Larsson trilogy and is on book number two, (I found the first two in a CS) so I was hoping to find the third book for him.  Unfortunately, I could have bought the first book three times over, but no third.  I know it will turn up though, as I see them in there all the time.

Whilst there I couldn't resist looking around the shops and buying a few little bits and pieces that caught my eye.  In the first I was lucky enough to find 7 balls of this lovely plum coloured Rowan Designer Collection Fine Cotton Chenille, which should hopefully make something lovely for next autumn winter.  They cost just £2, which I'm sure you'd probably pay per ball in the shops, so I was very happy with this purchase.  I've never actually knitted with this type of yarn before so it will be a a bit of an adventure.



Although I'm not supposed to be buying any more books for me, I did succumb to this one which at 50p was difficult to resist.  I loved the film of the first book.



Finally, in the first shop I also found a lovely piece of linen blend fabric which, for just under a meter plus extra bits, cost just £2 too.  This will be great for small projects.



The second local charity shop didn't have the book I was looking for either, but I did spot a lovely piece of floral cotton fabric with a ditsy print.  It cost just £1 for over one metre again, and will be great for patchwork or other projects.  I couldn't get a good photograph of it for some reason so I haven't included one in this post.

Finally, I bought another couple of sewing patterns for 50p and £1 respectively. 




The poncho I'm thinking of making in pure wool for next autumn/winter as they are so easy to wear.  The skirt is very pretty and I may try to make one this summer.  It will require 1.5 to 2m of fabric due to all the gathers, but looks very sweet and reasonably simple to make.  Both patterns were uncut and unused.

2 comments:

  1. Good shopping! I really like both the poncho and the skirt, right up my street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to having a go at making them. I can't say what the results will be though.

      Delete