Friday 23 May 2014

J is for...............Jobs, jobs and more jobs

This week has been all about getting various household jobs done.  I'd been neglecting the ironing since the weather turned warmer, as I couldn't face ironing when it was scorching hot outside, so this week I've been faced with an ironing basket mountain, in part caused by everything drying quickly on the washing line during the hot spell.   I did as much of it as I could, whilst catching up with recorded shows on the TV to make it more enjoyable.  I've been watching a series of programmes called The First Georgians with Lucy Worsley which has been very interesting and have also been following Monty Don's Crafts series, which this week was about weaving.  I was very impressed by the work of those who took part.  It's amazing to watch cloth take shape on the loom.    

I've also been trying to get on top of other housework before the half term holiday.  I must admit I'm a tad slovenly in the housework department, as I find there are far too many other things I would rather do, so it often gets left until I can stand it no more and just have to do it.  (I'm talking about the hoovering and dusting here).  The other day, as Little Bird had a friend coming round after school, I thought I'd better make an effort and hoovered through the house, tidying Little Bird's bedroom and other parts of the house as I went.   As a consequence, it's not been a particularly exciting week, but it felt better to get the jobs done.  I just wish I could commit to a regular cleaning routine.  Maybe one day I'll get around to it. 

Joining in with Mum at Mum's Simply Living Blog in posting using the alphabet backwards.

3 comments:

  1. Frugal Queen has a post about housework today. Unfortunately the jobs never end.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never catch up with the household jobs & when one's done it needs doing again ! I need a job fairy !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice idea. Can I have one too, please?

      Delete