Monday 10 February 2014

The Week That Was

It was a  strange week last week, with a mix of good and not so good happenings.  Whilst not wanting to sound negative, included in the latter were a missed hospital appointment that we never knew we had, a trip with Little Bird to the A&E (nothing too serious thankfully), missed classes at the gym due to them being fully booked, Little Bird missing swimming classes due to an injury sustained at school, Little Bird feeling the need to depart from the debating club and my sustaining a knee injury whilst walking the dog, to name but a few.   I realise that we are still very lucky, our house was not flooded, we have food to put on the table and we are all in good health, but it has been quite a week and one I was definitely glad to see the back of.  I was relieved to get to the weekend, which was thankfully incident free.

After spending a pretty lazy Saturday at home (other than catching up with the ironing), Sunday was quite a bit busier.  In spite of my knee injury, I managed a class at the gym in the morning, followed by an afternoon washing the dog basket and blankets,  thoroughly hoovering and mopping the floors of the hall, stairs and landing, tidying the sprawling shoe basket and cleaning the downstairs toilet. It's a nice feeling knowing I've deodourised the doggy smells and put the downstairs to rights.

After walking the dog, we settled down to roast turkey with all the trimmings.  This was a frozen turkey left over from Christmas that needed using up.  I'd bought it with the intention of cooking it on Christmas day and then we decided to buy a fresh one.  I'm looking forward to making various dishes with the leftovers, which should feed us for much of this week.  It's like Christmas all over again, especially as I made a trifle this weekend too, in an attempt to use up what I had in the cupboards.

After a bit of a random week, I'm looking forward to starting a new week.  My shopping and to do lists have been written, my menu plan sorted and having caught up on all my jobs, I will hopefully have freed up some time to get on with lots of other things I didn't get done last week.  Hoping for a more or less normal week this week.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment