Wednesday 5 February 2014

Out and About and Sushi for Lunch

I took the bus from the end of our street to our local shopping mall today, which happens to be built on the Olympic Park.  I took the bus, because the route has recently changed and it now takes you right through the middle of the Olympic Park, instead of going around the houses and taking much longer.   As a consequence I was intrigued to see the new route and the other reason for taking the bus was that it now costs £2.50 to park for 2 hours at the mall, or £5 if you stay any longer, which I am frankly just not prepared to pay.  For £1.40 each way on the bus,  I could stay as long as I liked.

I had to try to exchange an item at Primark, which I couldn't do in the end as they didn't have another item to exchange it for, so I'm hanging onto the original for now and  I needed to find a couple of other items and gifts whilst there, so when in Primark I saw this cute pair of fluffy socks for £1 I decided to buy them for Little Bird as a treat on Valentines day.


I also saw this Jelly Bean fragrance gift set advertised at 90% off in Boots.  As it was originally £13, this means I was able to buy this for £1.30 and Little Bird's Valentine's gifts are now bought and stored away ready for the day itself and very little money was spent.  Whilst I realise that not everybody buys gifts on Valentine's day and many people find it a horribly commercial event, we do celebrate it, but we just have a very small gift exchange which does not incur much expense.



As I was in the mall over the lunchtime period, I decided to treat myself to sushi for lunch so I went to the Japanese store there and bought these yummy California Rolls with crabstick, mayo and avocado for just £3.40 plus 30p for ginger.  They were definitely the yummiest I've ever tasted. 




Not quite as cheap as the sushi I usually buy from Wilko, but no comparison either if I'm honest.  Well worth it for a very occasional treat.  I'll definitely be going back there if I ever get a craving for sushi again.

4 comments:

  1. Well I love gifts on Valentine's day as it's my birthday !!!

    Cute socks; can't bring myself to try Sushi though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, how nice to have a birthday on Valentine's Day. I hope you get some lovely gifts this year.

      Delete
  2. Sadly I don't like sushi... fish is the devil to me and in raw form the worst kind!! I wish I did eat it as it's so healthy.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the only one in our household that likes it which is why I tend to buy it for a treat for lunch. It's the only chance I get to have it. You can get veggie sushi without fish in some places.

      Delete