The other day after being inspired by my weekly feed from Pinterest, I decided to complete a project that I had added to my Likes folder a while ago. As a regular trawler of charity shops and a keen sewing enthusiast, I have lots and lots of different buttons, that generally sit in a jar on my sewing room shelves doing very little. This project was a perfect way of both using some of them and jazzing up an already pretty jazzy cardigan from M&S, that I haven't worn for a while.
I raked through my jar of loose buttons, and picked out as many colourful and interesting small buttons as I could, and then proceeded to sew them between the button holes on my cardigan front. (I must admit that I did initially waste an hour sewing them between the buttons themselves on the wrong part of the button stand, and was almost at the bottom before I realised - Silly woman!). Anyway, after removing them and sewing them onto the correct side I was quite happy with the results and I am looking forward to wearing this cardigan again now.
Here's a picture of the finished makeover: