Tuesday 4 February 2014

Enjoying on TV at the moment....

I haven't been watching too much normal TV lately, mainly because OH treated himself to a Netflix subscription for a few months, (£6 pm or so I think) so that he could watch all the back series of Breaking Bad.  (More to come in another post.)  Some nights, however, I do get to the TV first and there are a couple of programmes that I've been particularly enjoying of late.

The Town - ITV3 - 10 pm - I caught this last night and immediately was hooked.  I'm assuming it is written by the same writers as Broadchurch, as it seems to be written in a similar way.  I believe it has already been televised previously, probably on one of the main channels, so I must have missed it, but I am recording it from now on so I can watch it at my leisure.

Food & Drink - BBC2 - Mondays 8.30 pm - I'm not particularly foodie, but I've caught this programme a couple of times in the last few weeks and I've quite enjoyed it.  It is not too twee or precious about food and Michel Roux and his invited guests make it an entertaining programme to watch.  It also focuses on eating well on a budget which is very useful.

Birds of a Feather - ITV - Thursdays 8.30 pm - I'm enjoying the new series of this blast from the past.  The rapport between the 'girls' always make me chuckle, especially the way they insult each other.  Not to everyone's taste I'm sure, but there is something lovely and nostalgic about this series returning to the screen. 

(If I'm honest I often carry on watching on this channel and watch a bit of Benidorm too.)

Mr Selfridge - ITV - Sundays  9 pm - Enjoying the new series of this too, when I manage to catch it.

Looking forward to....

Nashville - More4 - Thursdays 10 pm -  So excited, US series 2 of this great Country and Western soap series is starting later this week.  Some great music and lots of drama.

The Great British Sewing Bee - BBC - New series starting very soon.  Can't wait.  Sorry, can't remember exact date, but just to warn any other fans out there who didn't know.

5 comments:

  1. We watched Food & Drink last night - loved it too. Location Location tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo didn't know there was another of the sewing bee starting !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just found where I read it again and according to Prima magazine it starts again on Feb 18th - unless there is some change in programming or their feature is incorrect. Hope this helps.

      Delete
  3. I never really watched Birds of a feather the first time so giving it a miss now.
    We like Silent Witness but I usually fall asleep !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit to being dubious when Birds of Feather returned to our screens but I am thoroughly enjoying it and find myself chuckling away.

    Victoria
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete