Wednesday 16 October 2013

Tuesday Catch Up

Yesterday, as is so often the case on a Tuesday, was a bit of a catch up day, especially after being away at the weekend.  The ironing basket was full of clean clothes, the washing basket was full of dirty clothes and the sink was full of dirty pots.  I worked my way through the former and the latter, but still have quite a bit of washing to catch up on.  I'm struggling to dry things now the weather has turned and I have to dry them indoors.  It takes so long and the washing basket fills up quicker than I can empty it.

I've also been having a spot more bother with viruses on my laptop, so I  had a bit of catching up to do online too, after OH managed to clear it once again.  I think I've located the source, which seems to be a blog I've been reading recently, so I've removed my reading list from my profile so no-one else is guided there by it, as I don't know how to remove it from my blogger list.  If anyone knows how to do this please let me know.  I may be wrong, but on two occasions a virus has downloaded and appeared whilst I've been reading it and the last virus was quite a sinister one that I wouldn't wish on anyone.  Luckily OH managed to Google a solution, to enable us to remove it, so normality has been restored. It has however, severely undermined my trust in some of the blogs out there.  A cautionary tale.

As well as getting on with a bit of work yesteday, I also managed to find a half hour or so to attach a bit of binding to my quilt/eiderdown.  I've used one of the same fabrics that I had already used in the quilt itself, as I found more of it stored away.  I've still got quite a bit more to do as I am sewing it on by hand, but am doing a bit here and there when I have time to spare.  I'm thoroughly enjoying it though and looking forward to snuggling under it on cold nights. Talking of which, it almost feels cold enough to add a blanket to the bed already, which I must remember to do very soon.

Little Bird has a day off school later this week due to industrial action at the school, so I'm trying to get on top of things at home so that we can go out or do something together on the day.  Not sure what yet, but it will be nice to spend the day together.  Whilst not getting into the politics of it all, which I don't actually know too much about and therefore cannot make any comment, I must admit that we are very fortunate working from home, that this does not cause too much disruption for us, but I realise this is not the case for many working families who will probably have to take time off work to look after their children.  It has to be remembered, however, that we are very fortunate in this country, that we do live in a democracy, and it is every worker's right to take industrial action, should it be deemed necessary.  God forbid that it should be any other way.
  
Changing the subject completely, Stoptober is coming along nicely and I'm getting used to not spending too much money.   Two weeks in now, and I am ticking the meals off the meal plan I devised and due to my birthday last week and all the lovely presents I received, I'm not feeling too deprived.  I'm hoping the month continues along similar lines and I haven't tempted fate here and don't have a mad splurge or a fiscal emergency at any point in the next couple of weeks.

3 comments:

  1. For those interested in Making Money Online, allow me to show you how I do it. Yes, it is possible to generate an Income Online, as long as you understand it's hard work. Money does Not Come Easy, but the way I'm doing it is just a Lot More Fun...!

    http://www.makemoneywithdeon.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have chores building up..... sigh.
    I have one Blog I like but my laptop freezes every time I visit !

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's weird isn't it. I really enjoyed reading their blog too. They may not even know what is happening, but I daren't read it again in case an even worse virus appears that I can't get rid of.

    ReplyDelete