Thursday 31 January 2013

Unearthing Treasures

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a bit of a hoarder and lover of quirky/cute/kitsch vintage items.  If I see them in a charity shop or car boot sale, I have great difficulty in resisting their purchase.  I thought I'd share with you some of my favourite finds.

Whilst sorting through some of my daughter's things when clearing out her old bedroom the other day, I came across these lovely paper scrapbooking pictures and just had to post a picture.  They are so cute and colourful.  In all honesty, I can't claim that I found these, as they were given to my daughter by her Grandma.  I'm not sure if they are new or vintage, but they are obviously vintage style at the very least.  Whatever they are they definitely are really sweet.



I bought this lovely little book from a car boot sale for 50p.  I'm not sure if it belonged to the guy I bought it from, but I suspect it did by his scrutiny of me as I bought it.  Perhaps he was a bit reluctant to part with it when it came to it.  I can't blame him as it is a really sweet book full of lovely stories and illustrations from the 1950's.  It has come to a good home though and it is definitely appreciated.

 
 


This is one of my alltime favourite finds.  Kewpie dolls are so sweet.  I almost want to buy an actual doll and dress it up.  This paper doll book is full of lots of little dresses to cut out and dress your cardboard Kewpie doll in.  Trouble is, I just don't have the heart to cut into it and play with it.  The amazing thing about it is it cost me just 25p in a charity shop, whilst on a visit to relatives up north.



Finally, I picked up this perpetual calendar in a charity shop here in London.  It cost £4.50 or thereabouts,  but I was happy to spend my money on it as it is so adorable and of course, perpetually useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment