The last few weeks have seen quite a bit of activity on the quilting front. The Diamond Garden quilt that I started several weeks ago, has really come on and I just have to add to the edges to level them all around the quilt, then maybe add a border and the top is done. I think I've just about got enough fabric to complete it.
Here's a picture of it as it is now:
I don't know what I'm going to use to back it. Probably quite a heavy fabric, as I may not actually put any wadding in the centre, because I don't actually have anything I could use at the moment. I may find or think of something suitable.
The small hexies are also mounting up as you can see from the photograph above. I took them with me on our recent weekend away and managed to get quite a few made. That is the great thing about a project made with such small pieces. You can take it anywhere. I remember taking a similar project to America with us several years ago and sewing them in the campervan en route to the Grand Canyon.
The picture below gives you an idea of the size of each one.
There is currently a preponderence of brown fabrics amongst them, but there's still plenty more to make from different coloured fabrics before I start to sew them together. I have no idea what I'm going to make with them yet, but that's all part of the fun.
I enjoyed watcing the first episode of the Great British Sewing Bee this week. Looking forward to coming episodes. Hoping to get my sewing mojo back sometime soon.