Tuesday 15 January 2013

Getting back out there

Well, after  a day spent in bed feeling dreadful it is truly great to be back on my feet (literally) and it does make you realise the importance of good health. 

I tried to make the most of my sick bed by catching up with reading, and other small computer based tasks when I felt well enough but there's only so much you can actually do whilst laid in bed.

Spurred on by being back on my feet I've managed to completely empty my ironing basket this morning which always feels great and was getting towards mountainous proportions.  I just have to put everything away now. 

Do many people still iron?  I know that a lot of the mums at school no longer iron but I do like the feel of putting on ironed clothes in the morning.  I guess it is very time consuming and many things do lose their creases in the dryer.  I don't actually have a dryer though, as I dry everything on the line when weather allows or on the clothes horse inside at other times.  The only problem with this approach is that you do need quite a few clothes so that you don't run out, especially if like me  you don't get around to doing the ironing too often or have to wait a couple of days for clothes to dry properly in winter. 

I guess I was brought up watching my mum iron on an evening when she got home from work and I enjoyed helping her when I could.  It's only in the last few years that I've finally stopped ironing pants, underpants and socks and that was a wrench at first. Sad really?

No comments:

Post a Comment