Saturday 12 January 2013

DIY Weekend

Well, this morning I would usually be going to my Brazilian Dance class but today, as I didn't book it and doubt there's any space left, I went to a class last night and am going to one tomorrow, and as yesterday I got the spare room ready to start renovating, I'm giving it a miss and we're all getting on with some DIY instead.  After I've finished this post of course.

I'm posting a before photo now so you have some idea what the room looked like before starting work.  It doesn't really look like it needs too much doing, which it doesn't, just a freshen up with some white paint on a couple of walls and shelves and some colour adding to the other two walls to brighten it up a bit. The room has been used as a home office as well as a spare room for the past two years and has taken some wear and tear.  The colour has now been chosen; purple - in case the rag rug wasn't a clue.  I now just need to go out and buy the paint and we're in business.  So here's the before:




You'll see that I've piled all that was left in the room in the centre.  This will all be covered with a large decorator's sheet and we'll work around it, as we just don't have the space at the moment to move it all around.  Most of it will go in the spare room/my work room, currently my daughter's room, when her things are moved into here and is mostly my sewing paraphenalia.

It's a kind of extra birthday present and we're hoping to finish it in time for her friends coming for her party next weekend.  Then they can all hang out up there.  Better get on with it then.

No comments:

Post a Comment