Friday 1 February 2013

Clearing Out

Well, today I ventured to the charity shop and instead of buying more stuff, I donated a huge pile of things that we, or should I say my daughter, mostly, no longer wants.  Here are a few photos of the piles of boxes and bags I took.



These boxes were mostly games, books, jigsaws, etc.  Most in very good condition, so will hopefully find their way to another family with young children.



These bags were clothes, soft toys and other miscellaneous items.

 




The red box was full of plastic and wooden play food and other similar items.  These hold such memories.  We spent many hours playing with them, but sadly, they rarely get an airing these days, so they probably need to go to a home where they'll be played with again.

Some things I really find hard to let go of, but time moves us on whether we like it or not and we all must change or get stuck in the past.  I hope they bring happiness and fun to some other children somewhere, especially if they are living on a tight budget and I hope the charity makes some money out of them, to help some other people in need.

There's now a bit more space in the workroom for us to start redecorating.  Just a bit more sorting and sifting to do. 

Talking of home renovations, I managed to acquire a couple of free tickets to the Ideal Home Show at Earl's Court in March through Money Saving Experts.  They had 10,000 tickets to give away yesterday.  Not sure if there's any left but check it out.  It should give me some inspiration hopefully for future projects.

1 comment:

  1. If the shop is anything like the one I volunteer in they will be delighted with your donation.
    Thank you for your lovely comment. I shall pop you on my sidebar & visit regularly.
    I've enjoyed reading some of your posts.

    ReplyDelete