Sunday 27 January 2013

More Free Magazines and Workroom Update

As previously mentioned in other blog postings, I now receive several magazines through the post for free each month, as they were subscribed to using my Tesco clubcard vouchers.  Yesterday, just in time for the weekend, two more arrived, namely Prima and Making.

The Making magazine came with a Quick Makes supplement which contains 6 quick projects to make in no time at all.   A couple of these gave me some inspiration for some projects that I might attempt in the next few weeks.  One was for some wall art for my daughter's bedroom, and the other was for some pretty envelopes made from wallpaper.  Being a bit of a magpie, I just happen to have some vintage Laura Ashley wall paper hanging around in a cupboard which would be ideal for this project.  I have made some small envelopes in the past using wrapping paper which are ideal for giving small gifts such as earrings, jewellery or giftcards, so I may make some more or make a different shaped envelope this time.   I will post my attempts at these projects when they are finished.



Along with the Prima magazine came a free dressmaking pattern, which this month was for a pretty batwing dress, which I am definitely going to attempt.   I like the old 1980's batwing sleeve look and can remember my sister making and wearing them the first time around.  I will probably have to wait until I've got the workroom organised, but hopefully that shouldn't be too long.



Talking of the workroom, I did a bit more decluttering in there yesterday morning, in readiness for it's renovation.  In addition, my partner finally got around to putting the Christmas decorations back in the loft, so that has made more of a dent in the clutter.  Small steps, but they're all taking us in the right direction.  I'll post a before picture for the renovation when most of the junk has finally been removed and we're ready to get on with the decorating.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to relaxing over the weekend and reading my magazines.  Hope you have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment