Tuesday 22 January 2013

Zumba Heaven and A Few Small Extra Spends

After a week stuck at home, it was absolute heaven to get back to my Zumba Class yesterday morning.  I wasn't sure if I could manage it, as I'm still not feeling 100% but in all actuality it felt great to let off some steam after being couped up all week.  Anyone thinking of taking up some exercise, give it a go, it is such fun and the music is great.

Anyway, after the class, I popped into a nearby Lidl to get a few bits I hadn't got with my weekly shop a couple of days ago.  Trouble is this turned into a slightly bigger shop than I planned, but I consoled myself with the fact that it will all get eaten, and should last us all for a while.  Useful, especially with the weather as it is.

In general, when I do a supermarket shop I always take a list and try rigidly to stick to it to avoid throwing lots of extras in.  I hate waste and cannot stand throwing food away so try to make the absolute most of everything I buy.  In all honesty, the shopping today was all my normal kind of food and household things, which we had completely run out of over the last week or so, so I haven't been especially spendthrift.

I did, however, throw a couple of small extra things that caught my eye, into the trolley, one of which was this lovely pair of snowboarding gloves that I bought for my daughter for only £3.49. 



I thought they would serve her well during snowball fights with her friends down the street and she had been complaining of not having any gloves without holes (thanks to our puppy), so these should be ideal for protecting her little fingers from all manner of things.  She tried them on the way home from school, was very happy with them and said they were very warm.  Hopefully, mum did good.

The only other item I threw in was a Tea Tree Foaming Facial Wash for 99p, which smells lovely.  I am looking forward to trying it.   I think I deserve a little treat every now and then, especially when tomorrow I need to work on my tax return!




No comments:

Post a Comment