Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year New Venture

Hi there,

By way of introduction, I have been reading blogs for the last couple of months and have really enjoyed myself.  As a consequence, I have decided to embark on a new venture this year and blog myself.  I can't promise it will be wildly exciting or hilariously funny (it may be for the wrong reasons) as I am completely new to blog creation, but hopefully you might find some of my postings vaguely interesting and entertaining.

For anyone who doesn't know, the name of my blog comes from one of the names for the wild pansy, which is a tiny viola like flower that grows in the wild and that grew with vigour on my first allotment.  A beautiful little flower whose seed pods burst open and throw it's seeds out, self-sowing season after season.  Some may consider it a weed but I loved it.  Sadly, I no longer rent my first allotment and as a consequence no longer see this beautiful little flower profusely flourishing from year to year but it's beauty stays with me.

This blog, however, is not one solely about allotments.  They may figure on occasion as I am still an allotmenteer, but my interests are wide and variable.  I love dressmaking/crafts, reading, dance of all kinds, gardening, fashion,  homemaking, running my own small business from home, practicing economic elegance (or being thrifty), and generally enjoying life living in London (even if sometimes wishing I could move to the country).

I've lived here for 15 years or so now after moving down from the North of England and enjoy the variety it offers.  I live with my partner and child and work from home so that I can be there for my child as they grow up in a busy and bustling urban metropolis.  Bear with me on this new journey in 2013 as I'm not sure that I have what it takes to create a readable blog, but here goes.  It may be a bumpy ride but hopefully an enjoyable one.



2 comments: