Wednesday 9 January 2013

Working from Home

I can't speak for everyone who works from home, but for me, getting back into a rhythm after the Christmas holidays often proves very difficult and this year in particular, for a number of reasons.  I'm not wingeing (honestly!) but between the puppy, my child's birthday looming, my tax return due at the end of the month and the fact that the house seems disorganised after the building work I'm finding it hard to focus and just get on with it.  I am grateful that I work for myself and can allow other things to get in the way but it really is not good for business.  Perhaps I should just stop blaming everything else, pull my socks up and just get on with it.

I'm slowly getting organised in that the puppy seems a lot more settled and has now seen the local vet and had it's booster jab and flea treatment,  the presents for my daughter's birthday have just about all been wrapped in readiness - there's just a small outing for a few of her friends to now organise and a card and cake to buy or make, my library books have been renewed until the end of the month thankfully as two of the books are to help me complete my tax return, prescriptions have been handed in to the doctors, my cupboards and freezer have been filled by my recent order from ROSSPA and I'm gradually catching up with the mound of washing and ironing from the festive period.

Please accept my apologies that this post has been a completely self indulgent act of getting my head together during a particularly chaotic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment