Tuesday 19 May 2015

Tuesday

Today, has been all about laundry and birthdays.  The former, because Little Bird is heading off for a couple of nights camping on a school trip and I'm trying to make sure everything she needs is washed and ready to go.

Little Bird seems to be struggling at school at the moment, in relation to friendship groups. Turns out the friends she initially got together with aren't being that friendly towards her at the moment, so she's feeling a bit lost and sidelined I think.  We're obviously trying to support her and are just pleased that she can talk to us about it.

Hopefully, she will have a good trip away and thankfully she is sharing her tent with different girls, so there shouldn't be any awkwardness. It's easy to forget how difficult it is to make new friends when you start at a new school.  I feel for her, but trust that it will come right eventually and that she'll make some kind friends.

May seems to be all about birthdays. OH's birthday is coming up this week, his dad's birthday was last week, my nephew in Australia has his birthday at the beginning of June, followed shortly afterwards by his mother's 50th.

Needless to say, I have had and have to come, quite a bit of expense on presents, postage, cards, etc.  I must admit that I am trying extend my new found eco-friendlyish shopping habits to presents too, as much as possible, so chocolate tends to be G&B or fairtrade and toiletries as natural as possible and cruelty free.  I hope that they will be well received.  I'm going to continue in the same vein for Christmas this year too, as much as I can.  There's such a plethora of suitable products out there these days to choose from.  Here's a sneaky peak at what I bought my sister.  As far as I know, she doesn't read my blog, so I'm pretty sure she won't see it.



This afternoon is going to be all about getting everything wrapped and written ready for giving and posting.  I had to pop out into town to collect a parcel I'd ordered online from M&S, part present for my sister, part a couple of things I needed to buy. I also picked up a birthday cake for OH and a few sweets for Little Bird to take away with her on her trip.  You've got to have a bit of a midnight feast on a school trip, don't you?

Whilst out, I got caught in a hailstorm.  I'm hoping the weather isn't going to be like this for the camping trip.  Now safely back at home, I'm going to have a nice cup of tea and get wrapping. What's your Tuesday been like?

2 comments:

  1. i got caught in the hail storm after a soaking while dog walking !
    Jess went through this at school. A close relationship with mum helps a lot xx

    ReplyDelete