Friday 16 January 2015

Worth A Listen

This morning as I was getting ready to take the dog out for our usual walk, I got listening to Desert Island Discs on Radio 4.  For any of you that don't know, it is a radio programme that asks a famous or accomplished person to play their favourite tracks, in between more or less giving an abbreviated account of their life story so far.

It's a long running series on Radio 4 and the participants have to say what they would take to a desert island with them if given the chance to take one book, one piece of music and one other luxury item. (Aside from the bible or other religious text and a copy of the full works of Shakespeare, which they are given automatically).

I often miss this programme, as it tends to be on whilst I'm out walking the dog, but today I did something I never normally do, which is take my earphones and listened to it on the walk, because it was so inspirational.

Today's participant was Jo Malone, creator of the famous beauty brand. Her story and choice of tracks was so compelling and emotive, I was almost in tears at various points during the programme.

If you get a chance, listen to this programme, about a very remarkable woman.

Here's the link  - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04xmqd6

No comments:

Post a Comment