Tuesday 6 January 2015

Resuming Normal Routines

This week is the week when normality descends once again after the Christmas and New Year break and to be honest I'm thankful for it. It felt strange yesterday afternoon when I returned from the gym, Little Bird was back at school, OH out on an appointment and for the first time in quite a while the house was quiet, with just me in it.  I almost didn't know what to do with myself, so out of my routine was I.

Luckily I had a bit of work to do posting out some parcels, which kept me busy, as did a bit of blog reading and writing, and then before I knew it everyone was home again. I did secretly quite enjoy the quietness that descended for a couple of hours.  I'm easing myself into the New Year gently. That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it.

Today, is my first full day to do as I please and get on with things.  Nowhere to go, save for a bit of food shopping I need to do and a dog walk.  I've got a long list of jobs that need tackling, mostly paperwork, ironing and taking down the decorations, of course.  Why is it that there is always one or two decorations that you overlook and don't discover until the bags have been returned to the loft?  It happens every year.  Must try to make sure it doesn't this year, but I'm sure it will.  Call me a little strange, but I'm quite looking forward to the house feeling and looking a little bare.

I enjoyed the first episode of the new series of Broadchurch last night.  Sounds like it might be good. This winter we've got Netflix again and are soon to embark on watching Orange is the New Black back to back most evenings for the next month.  I'm looking forward to it and hoping I'll enjoy the series. I might even find myself getting my quilting out for the duration.

2 comments:

  1. I've just spied a decoration but luckily the boxes aren't in the loft yet. Some years I leave something I particularly like up all year !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine neither, and why not is what I say. Finger's crossed I've got it all packed away this year.

      Delete