Saturday 17 January 2015

Saturday at Home

This Saturday, I spent the day at home, pottering about doing odd jobs.  It's not unusual for me to spend the day like this, in fact it's one of my favourite ways to spend my time.

Today, I finally got to see the bottom of both the laundry AND ironing basket.  The massive heap, that had been boring into my back as I sit at the laptop in the kitchen, has been ironed and put away. Likewise, I can now see wicker when I look into the laundry basket, instead of another heap.  I know it won't stay that way for long, but after a month of being behind on my laundry, it feels great to get on top of it for once.

Another very small, but significant thing I did today, was to sort out my knicker drawer. I  know, way too much information, but for a while now I've been promising myself I would do it, and have just never bothered to. Well, today, whilst putting away the laundry, I finally did.  Any tired looking pants and or lace pants with holes in (that aren't supposed to be there!) were happily thrown in the bin.  No more scruffy looking knickers for me. Hooray. I may have to indulge in a few more pairs in the near future, but needs must.

I started a new small project last night, namely a happiness jar.  I write on a piece of paper one thing that has made me happy each day and pop it in the jar.  At the end of the year, or whenever I'm feeling a bit low I can pick one out and remind myself of what has made me happy this year. It's an idea I got from a lovely new to me 40+ fashion blog I've started reading, called pumpsandstudz.blogspot.com.au. Delilah's blog has a lovely positive vibe and she's a very stylish lady.

Whilst I tackled the ironing inside, OH got busy sweeping up the leaves front and back outside, so all is now tidy and clear.  He also finally got around to putting the Christmas bags back in the loft, clearing lots of lovely space in my sewing room. I now just have to take a whole heap of things I've collated so far for the charity shop, to clear the rest of the space in there.

Floors were swept, toilet cleaned, dishes washed, dog walked and tonight we're belatedly celebrating Little Bird's birthday with supper out and a night at the cinema. (She's having a small party in a few weeks time.)

Hope you've all had a good Saturday.




7 comments:

  1. I think it must have been a 'jobs' day today.
    You've inspired me to do a post on 'heaps'. There are quite a few still in this house.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look forward to reading it when it's published.

      Delete
  2. My, it sounds as if you have had a lovely and productive day.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not overly productive, but at least some of the important things did get done.

      Delete
  3. I love days like that, I did my underwear drawer this week too.

    Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete