Wednesday 22 April 2020

Spring/Summer Wardrobe Changeover

Saturday morning, I woke up and decided it was time to carry out a Spring/Summer wardrobe changeover. I've not been wearing any thick jumpers for weeks now and my wardrobe was rammed full of things I'm just not wearing at the moment and am unlikely to wear once lockdown eventually ends.

As a consequence, out came the vacupak bags from under the bed containing my summer wardrobe and each item was examined as to whether it was still something I would wear or not. To be honest, not very much that came out of the bags went into the wardrobe, as this time last year, I wasn't wearing vintage clothing, so a lot of the things I decided to donate, as I would be unlikely to wear them again. In addition, many I'd had for years and hadn't been wearing for a long time either.

I went through the wardrobe and pulled out the heavier items.  It's surprising how much room this made and was just what was needed to free things up a bit. It didn't take too long and I'm now ready to face the warmer weather, once circumstances allow, that is. Here's what my spring/summer wardrobe now looks like:



Having done this, I then decided to go downstairs and remove any winter coats from the coat rack in the hallway.  Some needed to be washed before being donated. Others I packed away until next year.  This made a significant difference to the space, as going from lots of thick bulky coats to a few lighter jackets and raincoats was very liberating.

I did need to buy a new to me spring/summer coat, something like a black mac or short trench coat that will be smart to wear for work, and I have subsequently ordered one from eBay, so I am looking forward to receiving that.  Apart from this, there isn't really anything I need for the time being, which is a nice feeling.

I also went through the shoes in the wardrobe and donated any I haven't worn for a long time or would be unlikely to wear, then packed away the more wintery ones that I won't wear over the summer. I combed the house for winter scarves, hats, gloves, etc. and they too got packed away. 

As I'm still wearing track pants and t-shirts for the duration of lockdown, there was no actual hurry to get the changeover done, but it does feel good to have done it and feel ready for the weather to come.

Have you made the transition to a spring/summer wardrobe yet?

1 comment:

  1. This is something I will do once I am sure Mother Nature is going to behave herself. Probably after seeing Kris this weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete