Thursday 30 April 2020

It's Finally Happening.....

On Monday morning I was super excited. It feels a bit odd in the circumstances to say so, but the reason was that OH had finally decided to begin to re-decorate the house.  Yippee.  After years of gently prodding him, he has made a start on the dining room/second reception room and I can't wait for the results.

We haven't decorated the reception rooms since we moved into this house 12 years or so ago.  A very long time, during which they've been knocked about by kids, pets. bikes and general daily use. As a consequence, they are looking very shoddy. To be honest, he's starting with probably the most difficult room really, as it houses both of our book and record collections on the shelves on one wall. The room also has some quite ornate coving which takes time to paint. 

I will be helping, of course, but I'm not so good at all the prep work that goes into decorating.  When it comes to the painting I'll definitely be mucking in.

Knowing he was going to start on Monday, I got up that morning and after finishing my morning routine, I went straight downstairs and removed and packed away any breakable items and other superfluous items from the room, ready for him to get started. It looks quite bare, but I kind of like it with no bits and pieces in it.  Here's a couple of pictures of the room emptied (save for books, etc.)before he started work:




I think we're going to introduce at least one wall of colour in this room, as it's all white at the moment.  Not sure what colour yet, but I am looking forward to choosing. I'll keep you posted on progress.


4 comments:

  1. I am excited for you - we bought paint before the lock down but still not started the decorating - our next job is the office come craft room - so much stuff to empty out though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can hardly wait to see your new rooms. Love the idea of one wall of colour.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for you, looking forward to the reveal of your colour choice!

    We haven't decorated in the living area for 8 years, we've had a lot of building work done since then and there are lots of knocks and even a few cracks where the house has resettled (we've had a professional round, it's nothing serious). So fresh paint is in order - just white for us. The spare room/ new office is going to get some nice bright blue paint when the time comes, I'm looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ISN'T THAT EXCITING!!!! I wish my husband would be the same with cleaning the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete