Tuesday 28 April 2020

All Change Again

My routine during lockdown has changed a little once again.  Just more minor tweaks really, nothing serious. I'm still reading for 30 minutes or more in bed, followed by a few arm exercises with weights, but I am trying to add extra stretches and exercises to my morning 10 minute mat workout.

I have also added a little meditation exercise, whereby I lie on my back and put my legs up against the wardrobe doors and stay in that position for five whole minutes to get the blood circulating in my body. I read somewhere that it was beneficial and it's nice to give yourself five minutes in the morning to think about what you want to just not think about anything at all.

I'm afraid I've lapsed with regard to Joe Wick's workout on the dog walk, I just got out of the habit and don't feel inclined to get back into it.  It was good for a while, but who knows, I might go back to it, as I am feeling more lethargic now I don't do it.

After lunch is the time I do some decluttering or crafting usually. Now I've finished a couple of projects, I've tended to use the time to spend in the sewing room, going through all of my craft stash with a fine tooth comb. I'm almost on top of that now, just the items under the bed to go through.  I desperately need some chalk paint to paint the storage boxes to progress in here. I can feel a trip to B&Q coming on sometime very soon as we need some other things urgently too.

I've also currently come to an impasse with regard to crafting, as I've been helping a neighbour to complete a short voluntary sewing project, which I'm currently focusing on. More in another post.

My afternoon TV watching has changed very slightly too, as Jamie's cooking programme has finished and has been replaced by Kirsty's craft one.  I watch this, but not as avidly. I have, however, now taken to watching Escape to the Chateau DIY at 4pm, so whatever I'm doing, I down tools and put it on. I loved it, after watching a few episodes on YouTube. It makes me laugh that now Brits aren't satisfied to just buy a house in France, they want to buy a Chateau with all that entails.  It's pretty fascinating though and I like to see how they restore the buildings, decorate the rooms and make new lives for themselves in another country. It's a bit of escapism from reality really.

I'm sure my routine will change again in coming weeks, as programmes change and other projects come to the fore, but the routine is seeing me through this time and helping to keep my head above water. What helps you to keep sane?

3 comments:

  1. I don't watch TV until the government briefing, but we always tape 'escape to the chateau', both hubby and I love it, the main one or DIY, we found it years ago. I try to do all work before lunch and have fun things in afternoon. I don't think I have any untidy parts in the garden or house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day changes a bit all the time. There are times I can manage to get in three walks a day, one long one and two shorter ones. Today however I only managed two cause I was in the sewing room madly working on a tank top.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really watch much TV until 8pm for an hour or two before bed but I have been watching the Edible Gardener this week which is on just after lunch when we have started to have an hour to relax before the afternoon session of whatever we are working on.

    ReplyDelete