Saturday 20 April 2013

Hot Footing it Back To the West End

It isn't that common for me to head down to the West End of London shopping, but today I made my second visit this week because I needed to go to visit a wholesalers to get something for my small home-based business.  I hopped on the bus which took me all the way to Tottenham Court Road and walked up Oxford Street from there.  The shop I needed to go to was on one of the streets off Oxford Street, but before I headed for it, I popped into M&S for some sushi for lunch. (I hate shopping on an empty stomach).   I like M&S Food Halls, as this one, and the one in my local shopping centre have tables at which you can sit and eat your sandwich instead of eating it on the hoof.  Much more civilised.

Lunch eaten I went and got the item I needed, picked up a few wooden skirt hangers whilst there too, as I'm always trying to hang too many skirts on the ones I have and they end up falling off.  At only £1.38 each they were very reasonable too.

After completing the main task for which I'd gone into town, I decided to do a bit of window shopping whilst there.  Inevitably this usually leads to me buying something which I'm afraid I did, two things, well two pairs of shoes to be exact, but more later.

I was perhaps spurred on by the windows of Selfridges which were celebrating a Shoe Carnival.  What a carnival it was.  Here's what some of them looked like.



 

 
 
 You can't tell from this photo but the heels of the shoes were moving up and down.
 


The rollercoaster was my favourite as the shoes were moving around and around.  I had to keep waiting until my favourites were at the front. (The multicoloured ones in case you hadn't guessed).
I'd love to have a go on this grabbing machine too.  I thnk I'd go for the turquoise metallic or orange shoes even though I can't wear heels well.


This ferris wheel was fabulous too.  Apologies to the lady walking in front as I took the photo if you are reading this.  It was impossible on a busy Oxford Street not to get someone in the frame.


 
I loved the transparent pink wedges in this window.  If you look closely you can see me looking like a bag lady as I take the photo.
 
 
Finally, some shoes were getting carried away by hot air balloons.
 
The display really cheered me up.  I do like to see a beautifully creative window display.  It works too as I went and bought two pairs of shoes.  Not from Selfridges I might add.  (I wish).
 
The first pair were some spotted sandals from the huge Primark store at Marble Arch.  They were only £8 but will be great for the summer to wear with a black dress.
 
 
 
The second were  a pair of black wedge trainers that I've been looking for for a few weeks now.  They were £27 in the sale at Debenhams and were from Dune.  Not to everyone's taste I know, but I can't wait to wear them with trousers as they have a great leg lengthening effect.
 
 
 
A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do I'm afraid.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment