Wednesday 3 April 2013

A Slow but Sunny Start to the Holidays

Yesterday, I had planned on getting lots done around the house, and even possibly the garden.  Sadly, it didn't all come to fruition, due to a slow start caused by my waking obscenely early as the result of  a bad dream and not being able to get back to sleep.  I won't bore you with the details of the dream, but needless to say, when I did eventually get up properly at 8am I was very tired and grumpy and the day got worse before it got better.

By about 11.30 am I got around to walking the dog.  My daughter, with a bit of persuasion, agreed to join me and we headed off to nearby open spaces and parks.  We had a good walk which picked me up a little.  When we got back, due to having little food in the house, my other half suggested lunch out at a local cafe, which made a nice change, so off we all went and enjoyed some very nice food.  On the way back I bought a few bits of food from the local shops and then hung out my washing for the first time this year, when I eventually got back.  It was lovely to see it hanging out in the sunshine even though it was still bitingly cold.



The puppy spent most of the day in the garden.  She just didn't want to come in the house.  She definitely likes the sun and sits in it at every opportunity. She seems to be a bit under the weather at the moment, as she seems to be off her food.  She's happy enough but we're keeping an eye on her.

As my daughter spent the afternoon playing out with her friends, the afternoon for me was a case of catching up with jobs around the house, doing a bit of work for my business and finishing unpacking from our weekend away.  Then a trip to the library to return a couple of books, renew a couple and take out a couple of new ones.  The new ones had a bit of a parenting theme going on and a bit of a green theme judging by the colour of both covers.  They look the sort of books you can dip in and out of easily which I find useful as I don't always have a great deal of time to spend reading at any one time.



Once back from the library, a bit of banking and I felt like I had finally caught up with myself and felt settled back into London life.    The only thing that marred this feeling was that a neighbour across the road was burgled today, in broad daylight and none of us even saw anything, which is very worrying.  Sadly, this is quite a common occurence in this part of London, but this in no way negates the disruption and loss of security felt by the victim.  It is a horrible feeling to know that someone has been in your property and taken your things.  Especially when they then usually sell them for a pittance to buy some drugs, which is often the case in these parts.

On a slightly less disturbing note, I looked forward to ending my day by putting my feet up with a glass of wine whilst I watched the first episode of The Great British Sewing Bee and I secretly hoped it would provide inspiration for another spurt of clothes making this month.

2 comments:

  1. We watched the sewing bee which made a refreshing change from cooking & gardening programmes !
    Sad to hear about the burgalary of neighbours - unsettling all round.
    The only washing I've put out so far are towels we use to dry the dog !
    I hate nights like that when you feel lousy in the morning !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Fortunately last night I got a good night's sleep and felt a lot better today. Just as well really as I had promised my daughter I would take her shopping. Now we're back I'm completely shattered and looking forward to putting my feet up again!

      Delete