Sunday 21 April 2013

A Sunny Saturday

Yesterday was lovely.  Bright blue skies, not a cloud in sight.  (Still a bit chilly though)  It gave me hope that the weather might get better and I might eventually feel warmth on my skin.  We had a lazy start to the day.  I did a bit of work, a bit of blog reading, a bit of book reading.  I'm reading this book at the moment.  I bought it from a market stall the other day for £1.  I'm not very far in, but it seems quite interesting.  It's about a guy who lives in New York and spends a year trying to make as little environmental impact as possible.  Sometimes I find books like this really interesting and sometimes they can be quite a chore to read.  I'll see how it goes.



I had to go out to a Brazilian dance class late morning, which I'd booked earlier in the week.  I hadn't been to this particular class for a good few weeks, in part because I couldn't get booked in and in part due to taking a break.  It was good to get back to it.

When I got home we all wandered up the road to a new Italian Restaurant that has opened up, for lunch.  I'd never been before although my partner had.  It was a lovely atmosphere and the food was great.  I had a Salami, Buffalo Mozzarella and Rocket Panini which was pretty huge to be honest, washed down with a lager shandy.  It was a nice treat on a Sunny Saturday.

We followed up with ice creams bought from the newsagents, which we ate on the way home.  My first of the year.  We pootled home, looking in a couple of new vintage furniture shops that have opened up nearby and my daughter and I popped into the local toy shop so that she could spend her pocket money on some Fimo modelling clay.  She's starting to make her own jewellery and charms and made a couple of sweet cakes this morning which she is going to turn into charms when the eye head pins that we've ordered arrive.  I've sneaked a picture to show you.  (Don't tell her)  I must admit I was quite impressed with her handiwork.  They need cooking and varnishing yet but look really cute as they are (inspite of the blurry photo).



Talking of making things, my Making magazine came today which was a nice treat. 



So, I sat in the sunshine in the garden with a cup of tea and read it, hoping to be inspired.

We had a BBQ for the first time this year for tea. OH made some homemade beefburgers which were delish. 


Here's a photo of mine which I ate in a wholemeal breadbun with lots of salad and some corn on the cob.  Just as well we had the BBQ really as OH punctured the gas pipe in the front garden whilst digging, and we had to wait for British Gas to come and repair it!  They did a sterling job and eventually all was well again thankfully.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, cheers for the BBQ then ! Husband wore shorts for the first time - BBQ can't be far away !

    sweet sweet sweet charms x

    ReplyDelete
  2. He enjoyed cooking the burgers and is thinking of cooking more often. It's all good as far as I'm concerned! I'll get a bit of a reprieve occasionally.

    ReplyDelete