Thursday 18 April 2013

Feeling Lethargic

I'm feeling a little lethargic this week.  It may be just that returning to exercising is making me feel a bit tired, or it may be a result of the intensity of the decluttering and cleaning I had to do last week in time for our guests arriving.  Whatever the cause is, I'm taking it very easy.  My lethargy and the time I've spent sorting the house this month has however been good for something, as I haven't been able to go out shopping, so I have spent hardly any money so far this month.

Just as well really.  One of my credit card bills arrived yesterday morning.  It was a bit depressing as it was the one that I have the largest balance on.  There is quite a sum on it and it needs repaying as soon as possible.  I have bitten the bullet and paid a biggish lump off it this month, which will leave me without too much left for the rest of the month.  I think, however, that I can manage to tolerate this situation for the sake of getting out of debt as quickly as possible, but it will mean very few treats in the next two weeks and spending on strictly necessary things only.  I think perhaps I should aim to do this every month and my credit cards will soon be clear.

I watched the first episode in the new series of 'The Hoarder Next Door' on TV the other night, and it never fails to remind me that I am always in danger of developing a serious hoarding problem myself.  I think paying more off my credit card and having no money to spend, is definitely the way to go and a good thing, as it prevents me bringing more 'stuff' home that I have to find space for.   I think for the moment I will concentrate on appreciating everything that I have already and  resist any temptation to add to it, difficult though that is sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment