Wednesday 10 April 2013

A Beauty Steal

On a previous post I was discussing my daily beauty routine and had some interesting comments from people that made me think about perhaps trying a tinted moisturiser.  One particular blogger said she always used a Nivea Tinted Moisturiser and when I was in Boots the other day I saw one on the shelf and decided to buy it and give it a try.  It was very reasonably priced at £3.66. 

I tried it for the first time a few days later.  It felt light and velvety smooth, but not oily, on my skin, effected good coverage, although I did also use a concealer for a few persistant blemishes and smelt lovely.  Another thing I liked about it was that it gave a natural kind of look, which didn't make me feel overly made up like some foundations do.  I was very pleasantly surprised and also pleased to find a product that does more than one job and has an SPF factor of 8 so gives some protection from the sun too.  All giant leaps forward for me.  In addition I think it will work out much more cost effective than using concealer sticks which are marginally more expensive.  They will certainly last me a whole lot longer now as I barely need to use them at all anymore.

I only saw one shade on sale, which was Natural, but this was a good match with my skin.  The product looks like this, although it actually comes in a box which I've already recycled.

 
Thank you bloggers for guiding me to this product and keeping me in touch with what is out there.  It's good to step out of your comfort zone sometimes and try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment