Sunday 14 April 2013

Getting Back into the Old Routine

After lunch today, our guests for the weekend set off on their four or more hour journey back up to Yorkshire and we were left slightly bereft by their absence.  It always feels strangely quiet when visitors leave.  The house which has been full of children, adults and activity all weekend, suddenly becomes relatively quiet and calm again.  It takes a while to adjust.  My daughter felt especially sad on her cousins departure and the thought of school resuming tomorrow. 

We all wandered off into our own little worlds, I spent the afternoon hanging out washing in the sunshine, reading the Sunday newspaper and then catching up on reading blogs and creating new ones.  The puppy also bereft of little toes to try to chew, fell into a dreamfilled noisy sleep alongside me on the kitchen floor.  Tomorrow we get back to our normal routine.  School, dog walking, gym, work, housework, afterschool activities, etc. etc. etc.

In some ways I'm quite looking forward to it, as it is nice to have a routine, but for this afternoon I'm hanging on to what is left of the Easter holidays as tightly as I can.  Let tomorrow take care of itself is what I say.

2 comments:

  1. I return to work tomorrow (I work in a school) so I'm feeling just the same-I'll miss the freedom of being on holiday but I know once I get back to busy school life time will fly past once again. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete