Monday 18 July 2016

Stress-Free Sunday

This Sunday, I decided I was going to have a stress free day, as much as possible.

I woke early, I'm not sure why, but decided to get up at around 6 am, as I didn't think I could get back to sleep.

I cancelled my usual class at the gym, partly because it wouldn't be my usual instructor, who was on holiday, and also because I just fancied taking it easy and not having to rush out and get all sweaty.

Instead, I stayed in and got sweaty, by doing the mountain of ironing that was awaiting me and putting everything away, before having a shower, getting dressed and taking the dog for a slightly more leisurely walk, instead of the usual of dragging her around the park in time to get off to my class.

When I got back, I needed to take LB to her friend's house, so I took the opportunity whilst out and about, to visit a more local Lidl and do my weekly shop, which will save me time tomorrow.

In the afternoon, I set about making the natural beauty and household products that I'd run out of, namely natural deodorant (I made two sticks), bath bombs (I made four of these) and hand wash. (which is still in the process of being made, as I have to let it thicken over a 24 hour period)

Having done this, I proceeded to make OH some granola and also to make some yoghurt for the week ahead, in my Easiyo mini.  It was good to get these things done and replenish the products that we need and use regularly.

I didn't have any other plans for the day, so I just sat out in the garden with a magazine and enjoyed it for a change. After all, that's what it's there for. I find it quite hard just to sit still and do nothing of significance, but it's something I think we all benefit from, from time to time.

Hope you had a lovely Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you had the perfect day. I do love the idea of a home crafted deodorant, but I worry that it won't do the job. How does yours work for you?

    We managed to get pretty much the whole of the basement dismantled except for one corner, and off to the dump grounds while the going was still at no cost.

    Hoping for a quieter day today where I can get some household and garden tasks completed.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it works pretty well for me, but I use clay in the recipe which helps to soak up any sweat. I do find that the coconut oil or shea butter does sometimes leave grease like marks on t-shirts which don't always wash out, so it's not for everyone, but I like it.

      Delete