Sunday 3 July 2016

Another Wardrobe Cull

Friday morning and I was looking in the wardrobe for something to wear to the CS.  I've been trying to make a bit more effort this week because one, the shop is in quite an affluent area, two, I feel better when I feel good about my appearance and three, I was deliberately trying to get more use from some of the items in my wardrobe.

The problem was, nothing seemed to look or feel right on me.  I tried on numerous combinations, but none of them cut it.  I decided there and then that more things from my wardrobe just had to go. What is the point of them being in there, when I am never reaching for them and when I do, I just don't like them?

When I got home later that evening, I set to at having another cull.  To be honest there were quite a few things I now felt happy to part with. Styles that I just don't wear anymore or that just aren't very flattering.

I accumulated quite a pile from the cull.  Here's a photograph of it.



There were  a couple of items that have been in and out of the donate pile several times in the last few months, but I think I have now finally made a decision about them. Who knows, I might even feasibly be able to join in with Project 333 at some point, although maybe not just yet!

While I was in the zone, I decided to go through a few drawers too. In total there were 21 items culled and added to the donation pile or cut up for cleaning rags.  My wardrobe and drawers are now heaving a big sigh of relief.  I don't particularly feel like I need to replace anything either, which is good, so I'm not just culling to allow more in, I'm doing it so that I can live with less and enjoy what is there more.

6 comments:

  1. I'm going to missed getting dressed for the charity shop when I leave so must make the effort to not wear jeans every day. I shall be doing a huge sort out when I go.
    Thank you for your comment. I'm feeling rather flat a having an operation on Friday as well as decision to leave the shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope all went well on Friday. I hope it's nothing too serious. I know what you mean about not wearing jeans every day, it's so easy just to throw them on with a baggy jumper and not make a lot of effort, but I do feel better when I try a bit harder with my appearance. I'm so used to dressing for just walking the dog and being at home.

      Delete
  2. We cut back our wardrobes a couple of years ago, passing on everything I did not wear, even now I have less hanging, I have more choice, I can see everything, so it all gets worn. It is liberating to get rid of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm hoping that will be the case with me too, as I will be able to see just what I've got that I actually like wearing now.

      Delete
  3. I am hoping to slowly, but surely have a wardrobe that can be worn for all occasions. I even have that "little black dress". Hoping to cull more than I make to replace with.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete