Yes, you're right, we now have a usable washing line again. The line was previously attached to the wall on the other side of the patio doors, but I managed to persuade OH to move it for me.
It is now much more central, and no longer gets tangled in the bushes on the right hand side of the garden. It's great to be able to hang washing out again after a couple of years' hiatus. It dries so much quicker outside in the sunshine and smells nicer too, as well as giving me an excuse to spend more time in the garden during the summer months.
I had to go to B&Q, however, to buy a new clothes line prop, as ours had broken in half, but it only cost £3, which was a steal.
The piece of wood we had previously been using was then used to attach storage fixings in the shed, to hang my most used garden tools from. No waste here. Thanks OH for assisting.
The shed clearing is now for all intents and purposes finished. I just need to clean the tools, a job I haven't done for a long time.
Here's the overall picture.
Once we get rid of the Flymo, I'll be able to access everything in it pretty easily.
I spent most of the afternoon on Saturday, clearing up the patio, and consolidating all of my clean pots into the green storage bag you can see here in the shed. The dirty pots are now kept in a swing bin by the potting table, ready to be washed in the autumn.
Here's the bin I found in the street, which now houses tools I don't use so often and support canes. (Apologies for the blurry photograph).
The shelf at the back of the shed is much more organised too.
I also managed to take all the bits and pieces that needed disposing of to the tip on my way to B&Q, so I'm virtually on top of the garden. It feels very satisfying for once, instead of my feeling overwhelmed by the clutter.
Just as well really, as we have visitors next weekend. I now need to focus on the house this week, to get it ready for our guests. No rest for the wicked I guess.