Friday 1 July 2016

A Thursday At Home

Thursday was the only day this week that I got to spend at home and I really needed it.

I worked an extra day at the CS again this week and by Thursday, chores and other things that needed doing had started to pile up.

I still went out to my normal class in the morning and then bought a few groceries on the way home, as we'd run out of a couple of things. As I'm now into July's budget, this was fine.

I spent a couple of hours over the lunchtime period catching up with a bit of online reading and listing and then put some washing on, did the washing up from last night that I'd been too tired to tackle, emptied all of the rubbish and recycling ready to be collected on Friday and made a phone call I'd been meaning to make for a while.

I also purchased LB's school uniform for next year on the school website, paid in some lunch money for her and then packed an eBay parcel ready to post.

Once these main jobs had been done, I decided to go out to B&Q and get the last couple of bags of mulch we needed for around the garden vegetable beds.  I bought a few plants whilst there too. (More about this in another post). OH spread the mulch later that night, so the garden is now officially completed, save for acquiring a garden bench, which isn't currently a priority.

I also popped into ASDA, which is situated near to B&Q and bought a few more groceries and a card that I needed to send off the following day, before finally posting my parcel on my way back home.

When I got in, I got the dinner in the oven.  Moroccan meatballs with couscous.  I decided to use up more freezer/cupboard staples to make this.  The freezer is now looking even more empty, which is all good.

I wrote a blog post whilst dinner was cooking, and later hung out the laundry on the indoor dryer, emptied the dishwasher and then finally, my time was my own.

I ended the day with a bit of a potter in the  garden, thinning and planting out the salad, whilst at the same time harvesting some more. It felt like a pretty productive day and anything that still needed doing, can now wait until the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment