Saturday 16 July 2016

Friday At Home

Friday, I managed to get my blood test done.  I arrived at the hospital at 7.45 am, expecting it not to be busy, but the waiting room was already almost full.

Luckily for me, a very kind gentleman, who couldn't wait any longer, gave me his ticket on the way out, so I didn't have to wait quite as long as I might have, although it was still a 30-40 minute wait. Fortunately, I'd had the foresight to take a book with me.

On the way out, I passed a black bin discarded on the street next to the waste bins.  I tipped the few contents into the waste bin and brought it home with me and washed it out.  It is perfect to store my gardening tools in the shed.  Just goes to prove that life has a way of providing what you need for free, if you just keep an eye out.

Finding the bin, inspired me to continue with the shed clear out when I got back from walking the dog. It took a couple of hours and the dust did irritate my eye a little more, but I eventually got it finished.  I just need to knock a few nails and hooks in, to hang a few things from the wall and it will be finished and as tidy as I can get it at the present.



I decided to re-purpose an old wormery into a dispenser for my comfrey tea fertiliser, as it conveniently has a tap on it, making it much easier to dispense into the watering can when I need it.

Quite a few things got put aside to donate to the next Give and Take, and a few other things to go to the tip. It feels good to get it done, as I now know exactly what I have in there to use for the garden, so I won't be buying any duplicates.

It's not exactly Pinterest worthy, as it's still got far too much in it, but at least everything is now reachable (just about) and much better organised. An added plus, is that I can now finally cross this task off my to do list.

This weekend, I'm going to finish the final small shed details and will post the final results.  I also want to tweak a few things in the garden this weekend, with OH's help, to tidy things up and make life a lot easier all round.  I'll post about these too, once completed.

On the eye front, it  didn't really get any better as the day wore on, in fact, it looked a bit worse, so egged on by OH I rang the doctor to see if I could get an appointment. I eventually managed to secure a cancellation for later the same afternoon.  At the appointment the doctor  thought it was a bite and prescribed some hydrocortisone cream and antihistamines, which I've taken and it does look a little less red and swollen, but is not yet back to normal.

When I got back, I had received an email from the allotment committee, to say that I had been given a neglected plot letter.  I must admit it was disappointing, as it has been difficult to get to the allotment this year with all the rain and I had started to take remedial action to clear it up.  I am currently in correspondence with them and I'll let you know the outcome.

Overall, it wasn't a great day, so I retired to bed feeling exhausted at 9pm and just about slept through until 8am this morning. Hopefully, today will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment