Saturday 20 June 2015

#What's in Yours? - Part Two

I completely forgot when I posted the other day about the glass storage jars I have in my kitchen, that I have a whole other set of glass storage jars that I keep in my sewing room.  So here goes with part two of What's in Yours?

The thing about sewing, is that there are lots of bits and pieces that you use when pursuing such a hobby, i.e. lace, ribbons, buttons, velcro, name tags, embroidery thread, elastic, fastenings, patches, more buttons, etc. etc.

Glass storage jars just seemed an ideal solution when I set up the sewing room, as I could see exactly what was kept in them at a glance. So here's a picture of my little sewing room collection.



I think I'm single handedly propping up the sales of IKEA jars!  In fact, I may even have a bit of a sort out here and see if I can free up a jar or two to use in the kitchen and save myself a little bit of money into the bargain.

Thanks Mum, for inspiring me to get resourceful.

2 comments:

  1. I use jars for my scraps and other sewing bits too. I bought loads of jars to sell a bit of lifestyle (yuck) when we were selling our house, I didn't want to get rid of them so I needed to put them to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a good idea for staging your house. It must have worked too.

      Delete