Tuesday 12 March 2013

Bring on the Sunshine

Well, after a couple of bitterly cold days I have got to admit that I was getting a little tired of wintry weather and was longing desperately for some lovely spring sunshine again. 

 

As I went off to my bed last night, which incidentally, is covered by two quilts and two woollen Witney blankets, with a hot water bottle in hand, and had a lovely cosy night's sleep, I was expecting to wake up to more snow.

 

What  a lovely surprise then, to look out of the window and see blue sky and sunshine.  What a tonic.

 

My walk with the dog this morning was heavenly.  There was a strong but fresh breeze blowing the leaves (and my hair) about.   With her ears back because of the wind, the puppy and I marched onwards through the park and along the canal.  It was lovely to smell the woodsmoke from the canal boats and see the sun glinting on the water.  I just wish I'd taken my camera to take a few photographs but sadly, I hadn't.

 

On a day like today it is so wonderful to have a dog to walk, a great excuse to get out there and get some fresh air and exercise.  I've even managed to shift a couple of pounds that previously seemed immovable, since we've had her.  So its all good.


 

Once home, she likes to sit in the sun that comes streaming into the kitchen.  I can't wait until it is really sunny and warm.  She will just love it and so will I.

2 comments:

  1. Oh she's lovely. Must admit I'm fed up with looking like a teletubby or similar for dog walks though it was bright & sunny today was still icy cold. I have duvet & quilt on the bed at the at the moment to keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I know it is freezing out there and in our bedroom at night, we only have single glazed windows at the front and they create such a draught.

    ReplyDelete