Thursday 4 May 2017

Still Simplifying - April

This month, due to being away for 10 days or more, I haven't actually tackled any major simplification tasks, but what I did do was to purchase a few more photo albums and continue with the re-organisation of our family photos.  One more album has been filled, but I still have two to organise, as I ran out of photo corners. I have ordered some more from eBay, which I am waiting to receive, so hopefully, I should finish this task completely next month and then it will just be the digital photos that I need to organise.

I did, however, complete another unfinished task this month, namely that of organising the spices in my kitchen, after buying a couple more spice jars.

A new simplifying task I completed this month, was to move my mini greenhouse down to the end of the garden, which I've been meaning to do for a while, in readiness for building work on the house later this year. I'm happy to have completed this task, as it means that I can now concentrate on what needs packing away inside the house before work begins and I can also eventually go ahead and plant tomato plants into the greenhouse, now it is in it's new and permanent position.

The only other breakthrough I've had this month in terms of simplifying, is to get on board with the Flylady, to get my house in order and keep it clean.  It's still very early days, but every little job done makes life a little easier. It's an ongoing process of developing a routine that suits me and my lifestyle, but I'm hoping it will make a big difference to keeping on top of the household organisation and cleaning in the future.

Next month, I'm hoping to simplify the garden beds by getting help from OH to build new covers for them, (already done!), I hope to have progressed with a lot more cleaning of the house and should have managed to wash and store away all my autumn/winter clothing until next year. (Washed but need to store!) I haven't got any other simplifying tasks in mind as yet, but some more may come to me as the month and the Flylady process progresses. I'll keep you posted.

5 comments:

  1. Every small task helps - I have yet to switch my clothes over to summer items - every time I think the weather has got warmer it reverts back to cooler days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I thinks simplifying things is a much harder job to get completed than the journey was to make my life complicated.

    Glad things are moving along nicely for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just wish I had the benefit of hindsight and I wouldn't have accumulated so much stuff.

      Delete
  3. the contents of my wardrobe still look very grey though I have worn cropt jeans, converse pumps ( no socks ! ) and some summer striped tops.
    Good luck !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My summer wardrobe is as dark as my winter one these days.

      Delete