Once again here's a list of my Frugal wins and fails this last week or two.
Firstly, Frugal Fails were as follows:
1. I threw away some out of date food items from my baking drawer and cupboards this month. I don't normally do this as I hate to waste any food, but the items in question were at least two or more years out of date or never get used, and I don't want to attract pests or vermin, that might contaminate other food. I'm done with keeping things that are past their best or that we don't actually like and want to eat.
2. We didn't manage to use the free tickets I'd got for the Cycle Spin Festival at Olympia this month, as OH was far too busy workwise to be able to take a day off to go and wasn't really too bothered either. (N.B. This could alternatively be seen as a frugal measure, as it prevented us spending any money there.)
3. On a recent day out in London, I left my favourite umbrella somewhere, not sure where so I can't retrieve it. Very annoying, as I will need to replace it at some point.
Recent Freebies and Frugal Measures have included the following:
1. I managed to get a bit creative and recovered a small ottoman in my bedroom to co-ordinate it with a larger ottoman and a cushion cover. This cost me nothing, as I had the fabric and everything I needed to do it in my stash. The result was that the room feels a lot more co-ordinated now.
2. I cut up an old t-shirt and some old jersey fabric to use as dish cloths. (Just as well really, as I'm getting through quite a few at the moment on the Flylady programme!!)
3. I read a really good book on money that I bought from the CS, called 'Your Money or Your Life', by Joe Dominguez and Vicky Robin. It has really made me think about money in a different way and is seriously helping me to be more mindful of my spending and saving. (More in another post)
4. I used an £8 off a £40 spend voucher at Waitrose last week, to help buy OH a bottle of Single Malt Whisky and some fancy chorizo for his birthday.
5. I used a £6 off a £40 spend voucher at Tesco to get money off my groceries last week too.