Thursday 21 April 2016

Loving Lately

Recently, I've got right back into watching Netflix for some reason and I have been enjoying a couple of shows on there.

The first is a series I enjoyed, but have now finished, and was a comedy series called LOVE.  The show was about a geeky guy and a crazy girl who meet by chance in a grocery store and become friends. It's a kind of romantic comedy, set in LA and was pretty entertaining.  I binge watched series one of this over a weekend.

The second show I've been enjoying is The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt, which has returned for a second season. I've been sitting down to watch this with LB, as she likes it too.  We're about a third of the way through this series and it's nice to watch something together.

Talking of which, OH and I have also started watching series two of scandi crime drama The Killing on Netflix, which is giving us something to watch together of an evening.

Away from Netflix, I've also been enjoying The Durrells on ITV on Sunday evening.  I love this show, largely because of the setting in Corfu, but also because I enjoy watching Keeley Hawes, who is great in her role as Gerald Durrell's mother, who has uprooted her family of five and is trying to start a new life with them on the island.  I've been to Corfu and it is a beautiful place.  This is a fine example of great Sunday evening television.

I've also been watching crime drama Marcella on ITV on Monday evenings. This series is written by the same writer who wrote The Bridge, another scandi crime drama, and as it is progressing I can see some similarities when it comes the to the complexity of it. I'm enjoying seeing Anna Friel on TV again, although her character in this show isn't altogether a likeable one to begin with.

Finally, I'm loving the return of Scott and Bailey on ITV Wednesday evenings.  I think I've probably watched every series of this show since it started and like the rapport between the two main characters.

Away from television, I have been watching some good YouTube too.  My current favourite is Sophia from My Great Challenge, who is doing a 30 bags in 30 days decluttering challenge.  She's attempting to donate or throw away at least one bag of stuff each day for 30 days, which is not an easy thing to do.

The bags in question, can be the size of a carrier bag or larger which helps though.   I find this series very entertaining, mainly because Sophia's numerous collections and house bulging with stuff reminds me of myself before I started decluttering 18 months ago. In addition, her addiction to sticky notes, which she constantly keeps finding in various places around her house, amuses me. Definitely worth following if you're trying to get some inspiration to declutter and you like to watch YouTube.

So, as you can tell, I've been spending quite a bit of time in front of one screen or another, which is just what I need to relax when I get home after a busy day at the CS.  Why when the weather starts getting better, do there seem to be more things to stay in and watch? Makes no sense.

Is anyone else watching any of these programmes and also enjoying them?

2 comments:

  1. Scott and Bailey sounds very interesting. Perhaps that should be my next series watching. I am almost done the one I am on now and was looking for another.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, I'm afraid it's on UK TV, unless you can get it in Canada.

      Delete