Wednesday 6 April 2016

An Interesting Week

It's been an interesting week this week, with lots of things going on. I can't mention them all here for various reasons, but I've been trying to get back into my routines after coming back from our holiday.

The washing and ironing has been brought right up to date and I've done a couple of classes at the gym, have another booked for tomorrow, and was delighted on our return from holiday, to find that I can finally after several years, book my classes on line.

There was a problem with my account at the gym, which didn't allow me to book online and it took a pretty firm email to the company to get a positive response. Thankfully, a very kind lady sorted it out for me and I am now able to book classes for the next week at the same time as everyone else, which gives me a better  chance of getting into them. I was so grateful to get this issue resolved.

I also had my first day volunteering at the Charity Shop this week.  I was supposed to work two mornings, but on one of them OH had to attend a funeral of a work associate, so I was unable to go in, as it was still half term and we didn't want to leave LB home alone for hours.  I felt bad about letting them down, but it couldn't be helped.

My first day was pretty enjoyable though.  The other volunteers and workers in the shop seemed lovely and very friendly.  There was so much to learn.  I ended up staying a few hours longer to make up for not going in the next day, so by the end of the day I was feeling pretty exhausted. I then had to walk the dog when I got in, as OH was too snowed under with work and had taken my morning dog walking shift.

By the time I got a chance to sit down, it was 7 pm and I'd forgotten to get anything out of the freezer for supper, so I just had a tin of soup and OH got a takeaway. Afterwards, it was my night to watch Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners, which helped me rally.

The following day, I slept in until 9 am, which is very unusual for me. Consequently, the poor dog got a very late morning walk.  In the afternoon, LB and I ventured out to get our hair cut at a local Supercuts branch. It felt so good to finally get it done.  It was long overdue, and we both felt like so much better afterwards.

I wish I could get into the habit of getting it done more regularly, but I always fail, every time I make such a resolution. The colour (bleach) that I used to have in my hair as highlights, has virtually completely grown out now.  Probably just one more cut and I will be totally 'au naturelle' for the first time in quite a number of years.  It was necessary though, as repeatedly having it highlighted was damaging my hair.

There are a few more things happening towards the end of this week, culminating in us taking a trip to stay with family in Yorkshire at the weekend.

LB isn't back at school until Tuesday, so it will be a long weekend break and then we will be properly getting back to normal when we get back.

I'm not good with disruption and I do like a regular routine, so whilst not wanting to wish my life away, I will be pleased when normality resumes and things are a little less hectic.



No comments:

Post a Comment