Monday 11 April 2016

Getting Back to Normal

After a busy Easter holiday fortnight, tomorrow the school holidays end and it is back to our normal routines.

This week, OH travelled by train to Yorkshire and then headed off to France with his father in a camper van to visit the Somme and other First World War sites, something that they had been meaning to do for a couple of years now.  OH did also managed to combine the trip with a cycling event near Paris too, which is often par for the course these days, but makes him very happy, so no complaints there.

Meanwhile, LB and I stayed a little longer in London, as she was attending a concert with a friend and then sleeping over.  I finally managed to get around to a bit of work in our garden at home, the first time I've done anything out there this year.

On Saturday morning LB and I travelled north to stay at her Grandma's and spend a relaxing weekend visiting family and friends, taking lots of dog walks and also visiting the local car boot sale on Sunday.


It was a beautiful bright spring morning, with hardly a cloud in the sky, very different to my previous visit when it had been raining and deserted.  The car boot was packed with people and we struggled to get a parking space, but enjoyed a walk around in the sunshine with friends.  I didn't buy much bar a couple of packets of salad seeds and a few very small plants (an aqueligia and a couple of hellebore seedlings).






This morning the adventurers returned and after hearing tales of their travels, we headed back to London, in time for LB to go back to school tomorrow.

On arrival back we were met with a road block, blue flashing lights and various emergency vehicles on our high street.  We're not yet aware of what has occurred, but it must have been a pretty serious incident to close off the road completely.  No doubt we'll find out soon enough. Hopefully, nothing too horrid.

Tonight, it's a case of unpacking, sorting washing, catching up on eBay orders, a late night food shop, a bit of TV watching (Marcella on ITV) and generally getting ready for the week ahead.

I'm at the charity shop again in the morning, so I need to be a bit more organised and proactive.  I'm looking forward to staying put for a few weeks now and not going anywhere, just getting on with normal everyday life.

I hope you've had a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you had a lovely, relaxing weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoy your second shift at the charity shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I did, although despite it being a bit quieter today, I felt so much more tired afterwards. I'm hoping I'll feel less so as I get used to it.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. When I told my closest female friend about the farting thing, her comment was 'I should be thin as a rake then!' This from a woman who claims to have no sense of humour.
    www.teatemsplace.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete