Wednesday 20 April 2016

A Busy Few Weeks

It's been a busy couple of weeks with one thing and another and I've not really got around to writing many blog posts.  Apologies for that.

Having got back to London from Yorkshire, I've been concentrating on getting back into some of my old routines and starting some new ones, i.e. CS volunteering, so there's been quite a bit of change to accommodate lately.

As a consequence, work on the house and decluttering has taken a bit of a back seat, partly due to not having time and partly due to having such a big pile of stuff ready to take to the next  Give and Take, that I don't want to add to it.  I'm eagerly awaiting an announcement of the next event, so that I can get moving again.

Thus far, I've avoided buying anything from the CS, save for a birthday card that I needed to send, although there have been temptations over the past two weeks.  I just keep telling myself that  I don't need anything and in any case I don't take much money with me when I go, so I'm not in a position to buy anything.  It's working for now.

I'm enjoying the  new challenge at the CS and there  has been lots to learn in the first couple of weeks and more still to learn in the future I hope.

My colleagues are a very pleasant and interesting bunch, very cosmopolitan too, as many of them are interns from abroad, getting work and language experience here. They are very brave, as I would never have had the courage to do the same at their age.

I think that I am slowly acclimatising to a new routine.  I need to be a bit more proactive to keep on top of things at home and am trying to be so.  It is good to get out and about more and meet new people, although I can't say that I completely enjoy the crowded train journeys.

I do take some consolation in being able to catch up with reading a few blog posts while on the move, so any comments left might not be grammatically correct, as I'm doing them on my phone.

I'm hoping to get back to doing more housework, spring cleaning, gardening and decluttering soon, once I settle into my new  routine more and will try to post on more varied topics.  Thanks for bearing with me.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy my CS volunteering one afternoon a week. I love playing shop.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm enjoying it too. It's 20 years since I did any work like this and it's enjoyable to do it again.

      Delete
  2. I am sure you will get into a routine soon. Have fun at the CS.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete