I haven't stuck to a particular number of items of clothing and there are more than are pictured here, but these are the main items I will be wearing now the cold weather has finally arrived. I haven't photographed all the items as some are pretty uninteresting, but the main performers are amongst those listed here.
1) Black Skinny Jeans (ASDA) - A bit faded and grey now, but still good to use on days when I'm at home and doing little more than walking the dog.
2) Black Skinny Canvas Jeans (Primark) - Still nice and dark, so better for wearing when I'm out and about or going out in an evening.
3) Black Collarless Zip Up Wool Coat - Bought last winter and perfect for days out or smarter wear in cold weather.
4) Black Monki Parka Coat - Love this coat for wrapping up warm on cold winter days, especially when out with the dog.
5) Black Leather Touch Screen Gloves - For smarter wear.
6) Black Barts Woolly Bobble Hat - Dog walking essential
7) Black Leather Chelsea ankle boots - From ASOS. I love these and wear them to go out in and for casual daily wear.
8) Black Knee Length Leather boots - Also from ASOS. Replaced my old knee length boots. Great for wearing with dresses and skirts in the winter.
9) Grey Oversized Turtle Necked Sweater from H&M. - Very roasty for very cold days. I wore this a lot on our recent visit to Yorkshire.
10) Maroon Slash Necked Sweater - A Primark purchase this year. I love wearing this for day wear, as it is very roomy and slouchy and adds a bit of colour to an otherwise quite bland wardrobe. (It is already getting a bit bobbly though)
11) Black Zip Back Sweaters (2) - From Primark. I bought two of these a couple of years ago, as I liked them so much. These are my mainstay go to sweaters in cold weather, worn with a t-shirt underneath and with a scarf or snood. I also have 1 in grey that I also wear. Great to throw on with jeans for a casual day look.
12) Black Ribbed Zip Back Sweater - Primark again. Thicker than the ones above and great to wear layered with jeans and a long top.
13) Black ASOS Backpack - My current favourite everyday hand bag.
14) Teal Suede Fringed Brogues from Clarks - I must admit I haven't worn these much yet, but am hoping to get a lot more wear out of them.
15) Navy Leather Tote - From Gap. Perfect for travelling and when I need a smart shopper or a change of clothes at the gym.
16) Black Leather Biker boots - These I wear with jeans for knocking around in when I'm doing errands. They currently need a good clean, as I've walked the dog in them a few times this autumn and they're a bit of a mess. The picture is of them when new.
17) Three pairs of cigarette pants - One a navy/black print, one plain black and one grey/black/silver brocade - I wear these on days when I need to be a bit smarter or my jeans are in the wash. I also wear these year round.
18) Large Tan PU Clutch Bag - Bought from Pull & Bear whilst on holiday in Tenerife. For evenings out/weddings/etc. Rare occasions, in other words!
19) Small Animal Print PU Cross Body Bag - For those occasions when I don't want to carry much with me.
20) Grey Lace Pencil Skirt - For days when I want to look a little more feminine.
21) Black Crepe Sleeveless Shirt Dress - From ASOS. This is what I wear for special occasions, i.e. the recent wedding with my black lace top underneath (so I don't have to expose my upper arms and shoulders) and a belt to gather it in. It can be worn without a top underneath and without a belt in warmer weather.
22) Black Lace Crop Top - From H&M, for wearing under sleeveless dress or over a vest top. (Please note I don't bare my midriff by wearing this on it's own)
24) Peopletree Grey Striped Organic Jersey Dress - I've worn this a couple of times since buying it, so I am looking forward to getting a lot more wear out of it. It is a nice item to wear in winter with a cardigan/sweater, tights and boots.
25) Braintree Organic Hemp/Cotton Slouchy Pocket Front Sweater - Great with jeans and long sleeved thermal tops. (Must be long sleeved tops, as the hemp feels a bit itchy!)
28) Slouchy Grey Tracksuit Pants with PU Trim - Another Primark purchase. I love wearing these with a long jumper or t-shirt, on a day when I just want to slouch around at home or when the most I do is pop out to the shops.
29) Black Leather Skinny Belt - From ASOS
30) Black Leather Jeans Belt
The remainder of my clothes are mostly t-shirts, long sleeved thermal jersey t-shirts, scarves and the odd smarter t-shirt/top that I keep in the wardrobe, but don't wear too often. Quite a practical wardrobe, not particularly glamorous, but then I don't live a glamorous lifestyle. A bit lacking in colour and sparkle, but maybe one day I'll get a bit braver or maybe I won't.
I'm pretty happy with the changes I've made this year. There's a lot less items that never get worn. There is still more reducing to do of a few items not listed here, but I'm working on it.