Sunday 31 January 2016

A Semi-Productive Saturday

Saturday, here was a chilled affair. In the morning OH went out with the dog, and LB was at rehearsals for her school production, so I had the house to myself for a couple of hours which is always nice.

I did what I often do and caught up on YouTube videos whilst emptying the ironing basket, in my nightie! I like mornings like this and it's the only morning I don't have to be up and out with the dog, so I relish it.

After putting the laundry away, I got ready.  LB came home and then went out again, shopping with some friends from Primary school.  I was pleased for her as she's had a rough week at school.  Some so-called 'friends' have been making her life miserable this week which has been upsetting.  It was good for her morale to go out with some different friends and have a nice time.

OH and I headed out to a lovely cafe up on the high street for lunch, as a treat.  My lunch was halloumi, spinach and poached eggs on sour dough toast, with a lovely little side salad.  I didn't take a photo as I find it embarrassing photographing my food in a busy cafe.  Very tasty and filling though.

We bumped into a neighbour on the way, who is doing us the favour of taking LB's old single bed off our hands for his daughter.  This will clear the bed out of the spare room, ready to accommodate our bed when our new one arrives soon. It saves us a Give and Take run with it or a call to the council to collect it. It is a nice bed though and in pretty good condition, so hopefully it will serve them well.

The afternoon was spent doing a few more domestic tasks, although not in the kitchen.  I wasn't in the mood for any more deep cleaning. Instead, I swept the front path, which was caked in leaves, swept and mopped through the hall, which was muddy, hoovered the stairs/landings and a couple of the bedrooms, and then I cleared out all of the rubbish that's been building up in the car since Christmas.

The latter is one of those jobs that I've meant to do every time I've got into it, but didn't have a carrier bag to put the rubbish into, so it got left. For the first time ever, I've now put a couple of rolled up re-usuable bags and a few plastic carrier bags into a pocket in the back of the car, so there's always one there when I need one. Call me Mrs Proactive!

A late afternoon/evening dog walk and then Spag Bol for tea, followed by a night in in front of the TV watching The Killing on a box set we've borrowed from someone at the gym. Not highly exciting, but satisfying in lots of small ways.

It's always the small things that make it a good day, don't you think?



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day to me. Girls of a certain age can be so hateful. I was a teacher and had to deal with it often. If boys get mad they slug each other and get over it. Girls find devious ways of hurting each other.
    Glad she had some other friends to be with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. You sometimes forget how difficult school can be from a social point of view.

      Delete
  2. I call your day - highly productive - with treats. What could be better!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day you had. Very productive with even a bit of downtime.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete