Monday 15 July 2013

Simple Tasks and Simple Pleasures

Sunday this weekend was another pretty quiet day really.  To be honest we don't always venture out on a weekend in London as traffic can be a nightmare and we love to stay home and catch up on jobs and just relax doing things we enjoy.

I had to be up early to take Little Bird to her gymnastics club for 8.30am and although I had booked an aerobics class, I had to cancel as OH was unable to take her swimming whilst I did it, because of his knee.  Once back home I took the dog out for a walk, read the Sunday newspaper, washed and blanched some vegetables from the allotment and had my favourite weekend lunch of a bacon sandwich with some salad.

After lunch I finally decided to partake of a bit of sunshine whilst we still have it, by doing some jobs in the garden.  I hung out some washing and then proceeded to wash all the dirty plant pots that had been piling up under the potting table.  I wanted to get them done now whilst it is still warm and sunny as by the time the weather gets cold in the autumn I don't enjoy standing outside washing them quite so much and they often get left from one season to the next.  Once washed I packed them all in an old recycling box and stored them away for the duration.  I may still need to wash a few more in the autumn, but very few in comparison to the amount I had to wash this spring, after 2 years or more of leaving them to fester.




Finally, I had a good sweep around the decking and when finished, as a reward, I made a large jug of Pimms and some squash for Little Bird and we all sat out under the parasol for a little while playing Monopoly.   It was like being on holiday in our back garden.  (Please note mismatched chairs and parasol.  We don't really do picture perfect here I'm afraid, we like to keep things until they fall apart, but never mind.)



Sometimes the simplest things are the most enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment