Thursday 25 July 2013

Bargain Corner (Not the one in Ikea!)

From time to time I venture upon things which I think are really good value and I like to share them on my blog with anyone who might be reading.  On a recent shopping trip I ventured into good old Wilkinson's to see if I could find some lolly sticks or moulds as I was keen to make some smoothie lollies.  Whilst wandering the aisles I came across these really sweet washi tapes in the craft section and just couldn't resist buying them.  They cost £1.75 for the two which I though was very reasonable, as I have seen similar for sale at £3 or £4 each.

 
They did have a pack with a couple of other designs in it too, one being a red/white polka dot plus a multi-coloured check type design.  If you are looking for washi tape and are on a tight budget you could do a lot worse than popping down to your local Wilko to see if they have them in stock.  I may go back for the other designs when I have some spare cash.
 
Whilst still looking for the elusive lolly moulds, I also took a quick look in Poundland.  I didn't find what I went in for, but came out with this, which is a TangleAttack hair brush. 
 
 
It is a very similar design to a much more expensive brand, one of which Little Bird received for Christmas last year, (but managed to leave at her Auntie's house this weekend), so I thought I would buy one to replace it.  She tried it when I got home and seems to work quite well too.  Result.
 
Finally, this weekend, when visiting relatives I was offered a Pimms on my arrival.  I assumed it was the branded drink, but later in conversation I was surprised to find that the drink I'd been drinking had been this.
 
 
 
 
It is called Jeeves and it is available from Lidl for £5.99 as opposed to the branded version at £18 per bottle.  With fruit and lemonade added, in all honesty, I couldn't taste any significant difference, so when shopping in Lidl again this week I treated us to a bottle as we seem to have finished the bottle of Pimms I bought a few weeks ago!!
 
So if you have a penchant for Pimms, but can't afford the price tag maybe you could give this a try too.
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I've not tried other " Pimms " - suppose they can't call it Pimms !

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but it's not dissimilar. I tried it again last night and it was very palatable.

    ReplyDelete