Saturday 27 July 2013

An Exciting Weekend of Events

Well a year on and we've got a chance to revisit the Olympic Park this weekend.  We have tickets to attend the Open East Music Festival on Saturday, to celebrate the reopening of the Olympic Park to the public.  We are quite excited about it and are looking forward to seeing what has been done with the park in the intervening months since our last visit.  There are various bands playing and other activities to get involved in as well as different foods on sale.  Tickets were pretty inexpensive too, at less than £10 each for adults and £6 for children.  It should be a good day out.

Also happening at the Olympic Park this weekend is an athletics meet in the Olympic Stadium to celebrate the one year anniversary of the Olympics.  The daughter of a friend of mine has tickets to go, but we didn't manage to get any.  We watched it on TV on last night though and thoroughly enjoyed it.

In addition to both of the above, it is also the Open Weekend for the Copper Box where the Handball events for the Olympics were held.  This is now going to be a leisure centre and sporting venue run by the company who run the leisure centres I currently attend, and hopefully my membership will be valid for this venue too, so that I can take advantage of the gym and aerobic classes they will be running.  I am really keen to take a look.  They have free aerobic and other classes taking place all day long on both Saturday and Sunday. I'm so excited that a new venue is opening as I am always looking out for extra classes I can fit into my week and it is even closer to my home than the one I currently go to.

All in all it promises to be a pretty exciting weekend.  I'll let you know how we get on.

1 comment: