Wednesday 17 July 2013

Charity Shop Tales 10

A couple of weeks ago now, I posted about finding an ottoman in our local antique/vintage shop and how I hadn't gone out looking for it, but had stumbled upon it whilst looking for a travel guide in our local charity shop.  I didn't include in the post what I actually bought from said charity shop, plus a couple of others I visited the same day, so I thought I'd create a separate post.

As mentioned, I was initially looking for a travel guide, but as always various other things managed to catch my eye, including this lovely travel journal which will be perfect for recording the highlights of our summer trip and saving any tickets, etc. in the cute pockets/envelopes contained within it.  It is unused and cost just £1.60.  I have seen similar journals for £5 or more in our local gift shop so was quite happy to pay the asking price.  The campervan on the front is very cute and quite pertinent too.

 
 
I  found this lovely green wooden polka dot bangle for £1 which will jazz up any outfit,
 
 
 
and some lovely dangly earrings for £1.50.
 
 
I also bought this cotton sateen fabric for £1 which I'm hoping to use in a future patchwork project
 
 
 and a grey zip for 20p which will be useful for making a cushion cover at some point in the near future.
 
 
Finally, in the very last charity shop I visited, I found the travel guide I had been looking for and paid 50p for it.  It's pretty old, but will still be useful and will help us decide which parts of the sprawling city of Los Angeles we want to visit whilst there.  In addition, if I hadn't been looking for it I would never have found my ottoman, as the antique shop was just across the road.
 
 
So now you know the destination of our special holiday this year.  I will be posting soon about our plans.
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow... LA !
    The journal is great.

    Did the parcel ever arrive ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, yes it did. I did reply to previous comments letting you know, but I probably should have emailed you direct so I must apologise for that. Thank you so much. It's Iovely. I am using the toner daily and it feels and smells lovely. I haven't used the cleansing milk yet but do intend to.

      Delete