Sunday 29 January 2023

This Week - W/E January 28th 2023

This week got off to a chilled start spending Sunday at home again stitching and pottering, which are my two favourite things to do. 

Monday, was a strange day. I got it into my head that I was at work at 4pm,  so I stayed local to do the weekly shop. I posted off a birthday card to my sister for later in the week and also managed to take my favourite ankle boots to the shoe repairer, who is located just across the road from our local Lidl. It's a job I'd been intending to do for months, but had not got around to, so I felt positive about that.

After doing the weekly shop, I almost forgot to log into the car parking system, as I don't usually need to do this at the Lidl I usually shop at. I'm so glad I remembered, or that would have been another parking fine.

Anyway, I had a good lunch, knowing I'd be working late and then set off for work. I needed to pick up a few extra bits of shopping before work which I did.  

When I got to work, I discovered that I should have been there at 1pm. I was mortified. I've never got mixed up about my shifts before. I'd turned up at the time I'm on duty next Monday.  Luckily, everyone was okay about it, but I did feel a bit of a cotton brain. Serves me right for not double checking.

Anyway, work was okay, save for a few issues here. It was much quieter, as the sale had ended the day before. It feels strange getting back to normal footfall levels after the craziness of the last few weeks, but I'm definitely going to appreciate the difference.

Lots of the remaining sale items had been further reduced to clear, so I did indulge in buying a few more things here and there. I only spent £9 though, so no big outlay. I won't be buying anymore.

On Tuesday, I was up and out relatively early because the dog was desperate for her walk. A 9.30am walk is usually a bit too early for me, as I like to have breakfast and at least a cup of tea before heading out on the dog walk, but today I had to take my tea with me.

It was nice out though, as there weren't many people around. I like that.

When I got back, I did a bit of stitching and then went up to the sewing room to do a bit of machine sewing on a project I'd started on Sunday. (More in another post)

On, my days off, I'm more than happy to just stay home these days, which isn't exciting, but then life isn't always exciting is it?

On Wednesday, I was working a late again starting at 5pm, so I took it easy, walked the dog, pottered, did some stitching and then got ready for work. On the way to work I picked up my newly re-heeled boots from the lovely little shoe repairer's shop. He'd given them a lovely polish and they looked like new. It only cost £12.50 too, which is much less than I used to pay elsewhere. I'll definitely take all my repairs to him from now on, as I enjoy giving my money to someone who takes pride in the work he does.

Work was pretty quiet, but I secretly enjoyed that for a change. Some of my younger colleagues find it boring, but not me, I enjoy tidying up, stocking up and not being completely mentally exhausted at the end of my shift. They have youth and more energy on their side, I'm aware of my limitations these days.

Thursday morning, I was up and cycled off to my voluntary work. I felt half asleep and probably wasn't all that productive today. It was a little monotonous, as the priority was one particular job, that we did for the whole shift. It was okay though, I'm there to do whatever needs doing.

When I got home. I hit a bit of a brick wall and after having some lunch retreated to the sofa for a nap. I stayed there for most of the rest of the day. I think the busyness of the last few months has finally caught up with me.

I received an email from the job I'd applied for the other week, to say the post had been filled. I'd figured as much as I hadn't heard a peep from them.  I wasn't too bothered. I'm still keeping an eye on jobs that come up, but I haven't applied for any since.

On Friday, I was at work for 9 am. I quite like Friday mornings at work, as it starts off quite quiet and we get a chance to stock up the shelves around the till area. Later it picks up a little and then I get to leave at 2pm and have a little of the afternoon left to enjoy at home.

This Friday, I got the opportunity to get up to scratch with some in house training, which saved me doing it in my own time.  Another thing crossed off my to do list. I also bought a new mop, as our old one had broken and I treated myself to a candle to light each day when I'm sat at the kitchen table. It smells lovely and floral and was quite reasonably priced.

I managed to upload a picture of bunny on Friday, so here he is, as he was when he stayed with us:


So cute, I hope he's happy where he is now.

On Saturday, I had to take the dog out before work as OH was out cycling in the morning. When I got back I did a few household chores and then got ready for work at 2pm. Work was very busy and there were a couple of unpleasant encounters with customers. Some shifts, I really do wonder why I bother. Saturday is the worst day of the week in my opinion. I'm starting to really dislike working on this particular day. 

Anyway, I was very happy to leave at 8pm and come home. I did some work on my finances when I got home, working out my monthly income/expenditure, net worth, etc. It's been an okay month. I think that by March, I'll be on a much better footing. It always takes me a couple of months to recover from Xmas, and this year I've had the added expense of costly dental treatment and a parking fine. I really can't wait to wave goodbye to January this year.

A mixed week. I hope you've had a good week this week.


2 comments:

  1. Unpleasant encounters with customers can ruin an entire shift.

    That little bunny is just so cute. I can see why you became attached to him.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you have had a better week, I have to keep appointments on an old fashioned calendar, which is close to my computer, that way I can check ahead and not miss or be late for anything.

    ReplyDelete